Thursday 25 November 2010

Wayang Klitik


Hello my name is Alitia.  My group's goal is to promote Indonesia’s Cultural Heritage so people, especially my generation will learn to appreciate it more and our Indonesian traditional culture will not die out.
Now my personal goal is to promote Wayang Klitik. Why do I choose this traditional art? Because it is my cultural heritage.  I am from Baturaden, Central Java and that’s where Wayang Klitik is from. Wayang Klitik is dying out because not many people knows about Wayang Klitik. Do you know what  Wayang Klitik is? I bet not.  Why don't many people know about Wayang Klitik?  Because there is not enough support from the government for Wayang Klitik.  I have not been able to find anywhere here in this city that shows a Wayang Klitik performance. Even in a famous Wayang museum I went to, the person I interviewed said that Wayang Klitik is no longer performed in public.
Wayang Klitik is different and unique than other traditional Wayang because it is made from wood.  Here are the examples of wayang Klitik.


Why is it called Wayang Klitik?
When the Wayang Klitik puppet moves it makes a clicking sound  "klitik klitik klitik"
Help support my goal to conserve Wayang Klitik and SIGN OUR PETITION and follow our twitter account @IndonesiArt                                              

2 comments:

bellybloop said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bellybloop said...

hii alit!! i like ur blog really wayang klitik is made from wood!!?? btw "chosse" is spell like "choose" :D
-alaia witoelar sumawinata-