Friday 19 November 2010

Batik Solo


Hi I’m Jasmine. My issue is about Batik Solo.  I'm concerned because Batik Solo is dying out from the social wearing and when I did my survey of 30 people, more than 50% percent from the people I interviewed didn't know anything about Batik Solo. Batik Solo is the most classic batik because of it’s color.  A few centuries ago Batik Solo was only worn by royalties, wearing Batik Solo those days shows your level of richness. 
There are many motifs of Batik Solo like Parang, Sido Mulyo and many others but the most popular is Batik Parang.  I am still in the middle of finding out more information about different kinds of Batik Solo, keep visiting our blog because I will update.
So my goal through this blog is to tell you that Batik Solo is beautiful and its from our ancestors, we must love Batik like we love Indonesia.

1 comment:

bellybloop said...

wow really when u say its classic its classic alright and its beautiful!! :D
-alaia witoelar sumawinata-