Friday 17 December 2010

My Debus Experience

Last Saturday i went to Anyer in Banten to see a live Debus show with my family.  It was a really cool experience.  I saw how the Debus performers prepared themselves before each trick.  They did this pencak silat kind of movement then they did their magic.  They did lots of different tricks. One of the coolest one was when this guy was cutting himself with a big knife, but didn't get hurt at all.  Another was when another guy had bats coming out of his mouth after a man from the audience hit him with a hammer and metal spike in the stomach.  The Debus performers was called "Debus Macan Liar".

However, I felt very weird during the show, especially when the Debus guys came close to me.  I felt like i could not breathe for a second.  Like my heart stopped for a bit.  It was really cool to watch, but was a bit scary as well.  


Me, my cousin Chica, and my sister Tarra with "Debus Macan Liar"

No comments: